For many occasions, karaoke is one of the best activities to do with a group of friends or family. It is fun to watch friends and family belting their hearts out to their favorite tracks. A karaoke party is a great venue to gather friends and family together. It will be better if you have a plan on what idea your karaoke theme party looks like.
Whether on a budget or throwing a big bash, these karaoke theme party ideas will help you have a perfect party. We’ll start with the basics when throwing a party to fun games and songs to play at a karaoke party.
Just be ready with some people, drinks, food, and fun music.
1. Hire a Karaoke DJ
A karaoke party should be interactive, so hiring an enthusiastic, lively, and passionate Jockey will take the party to the next level. You may use an online Karaoke Jockey or hire someone from your area. They have the skills and knowledge about music and dozens of playlists to choose from to fit the needs of your event. They help ensure the ambiance and quality of the event.
2. Prepare snacks and beverages
Prepare some tasty treats to have on hand for guests waiting their turn to sing their hearts out. Have a wide variety of beverages available, from water bottles to juices or even beer if it is an adult karaoke party. Make sure that your guests will stay hydrated throughout the party.
3. Serve Meal
When preparing what food to serve at your karaoke theme party, it is essential to consider some easy and less costly food ideas. You may also want to consider what type of food you will be serving for the night, may it be a buffet style or pizza. Remember, food is a necessary component of any good party.
4. Put together a playlist
A karaoke party is all about music choices. The best songs to sing at any event are the ones your guest knows or wants to learn. Make it easy for guests by compiling a playlist of songs that are fun to sing. Make sure you have prepared dozens of playlists to choose from for the guests. There are karaoke songbooks with fun music from pop classics, oldies, the 80s or 90s vibe, country hits, or even Disney favorites.
Here are the suggested playlists for a karaoke theme party.
Karaoke Songs That Will Bring Down the House
- Hey Ya by Outkast
- Since U Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson
- Pocketful of Sunshine by Natasha Bedingfield
- Don’t Let Me Get Me by Pink
- I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor
Easy Karaoke Songs for everyone
- I Wanna Dance With Somebody by Whitney Houston
- Shake Your Booty by K.C and the Sunshine Band
- Dancing Queen by Abba
- La Bamba by Ritchie Valens
- Don’t Stop Believin’ by Journey
Funny Karaoke Songs to Sing When Drunk
- Drop It Like It’s Hot by Snoop Dog
- The Boy Is Mine by Brandy and Monica
- I Dreamed A Dream- Les Miserables Soundtrack
- Say My Name by Destiny’s Child
- Hold on by Wilson Phillips
Party Songs for Kids
- Happy by Pharrell Williams
- Can’t Stop the Feeling by Justin Timberlake
- Shake It Off by Taylor Swift
- Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae)” by Silento
- The Cha Cha Slide by DJ Casper
If this is a kid’s karaoke party, send guests a list of songs within the song choices for all ages.
5. Plan for a karaoke setup
It can be fun setting up everything if you already have a plan on what it looks like. Make sure you have the equipment (speakers, mic, microphone stand) ready before the guests arrive, for it is easy to set up on a small table or in an open space and start singing. You can also use Bluetooth speakers as it is easy to set up and fun to use on the spot.
6. Themed Decoration
Themed décor adds fun and makes the event to the next level. Gather fun karaoke decorations like streamers, balloons, or even a photo booth for the party. Here are some fun ideas for theme party decorations.
- Know who will be the guests. It is good to know your guests so you can rock out your music with related props and accessories. Make sure it is everyone’s favorite fun karaoke party theme.
- Celebrate the night with colors and shapes. It could be neon colors and geometric shapes which are perfect for a rave-themed birthday bash.
- Set up fun props for guests to wear. To add more fun to a karaoke theme party, guests will love having theme costumes and accessories for the event. Wear fun props like hats and noisemakers on hand. These will turn a regular night into an extraordinary one.
- Just keep it simple. A karaoke party only requires a microphone and speakers. If you want to add some extra fun, you can decorate the room with black lights and disco balls.
7. Host a Karaoke Party at Home
The great benefit of hosting a karaoke party at home is it is conveniently close by, and almost everything is already there. It is a fun karaoke party without the drive.
8. Get the party started
Starting the party is the most challenging phase. You can start by selecting a fun song to sing together or getting guests in a one-on-one for karaoke duets. You can even have an impromptu karaoke battle. While the party has started, have fun, be silly, get creative and sing your heart out. The fun part of a party is just participating- one need not be good at singing or dancing. Keep things fun by letting everyone get their groove on.
9. Mix fun games
Mix in some karaoke games for an extra dose of fun. You can have fun karaoke games like music trivia, guessing the title of the song, singing the missing lyric of a song, or making up your own game.
10. Engage table topics
Start the night with a fun and engaging activity by having table topics. Come up with fun questions for guests to answer at their assigned table topics, like “What is your favorite karaoke song?” or “What song defines your mood tonight?”
When planning a party, it is essential to choose the least stressful choice. A karaoke party can be the stress buster you need for a day or after a long week. As long it is fun for the host of the party and the guests will have a good time.