No matter how old we are, kids and adults both enjoy having a sense of fun in the home. If you’re lucky enough to have a game room, adding a theme to it will make the room livelier and more exciting. It’s a great place to hang out with friends and family. Since it’s your personal space, you can design it any way you want. If you’re going to personalize it and create a great gaming atmosphere, choose a good theme, and keep it coherent all over the room. It’s all in the details!
Check out these theme ideas for a game room:
You can go vintage and create your own Super Mario-themed room with elements from the first Mario games released in the 1980s. If you’re a fan of the early video games, you may consider these cool items that can suit your fancy:
- You can decorate your walls with this amazing World Premier Wall Map.
- Add a cute and irresistible accent chair like this toadstool chair.
- Fill the couch with throw pillows covered with Super Mario-themed pillowcases.
- Use this Nintendo Super Mario Build-a-Scene wall decals to make the gameplay alive in the room
- Add a floating shelf with decorative, collectible lamps featuring Super Mario elements such as the Super Mushroom, Boo Ghost, Goomba, and the iconic Super Mario Question Block.
If you love Star Wars, it’s easy to make your game room into a sci-fi center where all your nerd friends collide! Well, nerds are cool now, so why not embrace it by making it the theme of your game room? Here are some cool items you can add to spruce up your game room:
- Feel like a Jedi and use lightsabers with bright LED lights to decorate the walls.
- Make easy, crunchy snacks for your friends using this Death Star popcorn maker. The design is very impressive, and the popcorn maker itself is easy to use.
- Let Yoda hold your candies with this amazing candy bowl holder. You can also choose from a Stormtrooper, Jawa, Darth Vader, Ewok, Darth Maul or Boba Fett to do it for you.
- On your wall, hang a Star Wars-inspired wall clock. This one is modern and minimalistic, perfect if you want to keep your game room sleek.
- Use Star Wars String Lights for adding a touch of light accent to your room. If you want to put your Christmas tree in the game room, use these lights for a themed Christmas.
- Add a 3D light effect by using Yoda’s face. This comes with a crack sticker decal to make it look realistic.
- Take care of the little details. Even your wall outlet can be Star Wars-themed, thanks to this Darth Vader outlet wallplate.
Sports is a big umbrella group for anything played, but for ball sport fans like basketball, football, baseball, soccer, and more – there are a lot of theme options for you. Ball sports-themed elements are perfect for little boys with an exciting game room. If you like every ball sport, check out some of these decorations:
- Furnish with a baseball glove chair with a matching baseball ottoman, and for sure, your kids will enjoy sitting on it.
- Cover your throw pillows with this set of 4 pillowcases with designs inspired from the balls you play.
- Use a baseball fairy string to add an accent to your ceilings or walls.
- Bean bag chairs are amazing for adults and kids alike, and adding this soccer bean bag chair will help solidify your theme.
- For your computer table in the game room, use this football-inspired swivel office chair for you to sit on. You may also opt for baseball, soccer, or basketball-inspired chair.
- A sports fan will love having this ball-inspired lamp shade with a basketball, football, and baseball stacked with a complementing white shade.
- Display your baseball bat and balls with this wall-mounted rack steel memorabilia holder. This is a great way to display your signed baseballs by your favorite players.
A pool table is popular in residential game rooms, and rustic décor is perfect for it. Your man cave can look more fitting for the game if you add rustic accents. You can achieve it using these perfect home décor items:
- Man it up using a small rustic metal street sign that says “Game Room,” as well as the rules for playing. If you want something bigger and with a brighter color, try this one.
- Make your menfolk sit on this plush brown sofa with a high style flair.
- Serve beer and whiskey using this rustic kitchen cart while you enjoy your games.
- Add a wood barrel accent lamp to light up your game room.
- If you have an arcade gaming console, compliment it with an amazing arcade sign. It’s a vintage sign powered with LED lights.
- A vintage Route 66 sign looks amazing for a rustic game room. It has a weathered look with special décor.
Some game rooms are designed for playing PlayStation, Xbox, or Nintendo. If you’re a gaming nerd who owns a lot of game consoles and invites friends to come over and play, maybe it’s time to spruce up your game room with these amazing finds:
- PlayStation addicts will love to receive these table accent lights to display on their game room. It features the complete PlayStation icons, which is sure to be a conversation starter.
- Add this accent pillow shaped like a game controller to your game room couch so everyone can feel the game.
- For your clock, this PlayStation controller alarm clock will always make it seem like it’s time to play games. You may want to bring this to your bedroom, too.
- Decorate your game room door with a Do Not Disturb sign to keep other people away as you play.
- If you have a fridge on your game room (because you don’t really want to leave the room), stick out this adorable Game Boy-inspired decal on it. You can also put it on the door, and everyone will know it’s the game room center.
- Light up a corner using this Xbox logo light. Let it illuminate your space while you play games late at night.
For a game room designed for playing poker, cards, and other casino games, you can make it look like a real casino using casino-themed décor. This will surely get you and your guests excited to play. If you’re looking for poker tables, check out some of our best picks here. Give your game room a casino vibe using these home items:
- Use this casino rug to make your guests know what this room is all about.
- This Texas hold ’em sign is a perfect addition to spruce up your game room. It’s a vintage-style casino neon light that will bring a familiar casino feel to your home.
- You can also bring a casino LED sign inside your game room or add it to your door.
- Display your precious casino chips in this display holder made of handcrafted hardwood.
- Add a dice bean bag chair to your casino room to make a striking accent.
- If you need a wall clock, choose something inspired by a poker roulette to keep the casino vibe going.
- You can also get inspired by roulette casinos as well.